Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Okay - it's not a hidden gem, BUT...

So okay, admittedly Starbucks isn’t something someone should be blogging about – the multi-billion dollar company does not need a lot of help or press in terms of clientele…I mean it’s pretty obvious they do okay.  However, the Starbucks on Sunridge Way  next to Sunridge Mall in Calgary, is pretty sweet!
First, they are connected to Chapters, which pretty much means I’m in heaven all day long.  And the fact that I have to purchase the book before I buy it prevents me from getting up and roaming (which I thought I might have fun procrastinating with), but if I want more information on something, I can quickly get up and browse for a book that may help me in my research.
Additional pros: free parking, I don’t have to tip, the background music is really pretty great (digging the indie rock), I get a table with a plug to myself to sprawl out on, interesting people are walking in and out constantly and the food and drinks are actually cheaper than many of the “luxury” coffee shops I’ve been frequenting. 
Today, I managed to scarf down (way before the opportunity for a picture came to mind) a spinach, feta and egg wrap.  For a completely processed delight – my tastebuds love it (but a fair warning…it’s friggin, burn your mouth instantly, hot!)  And my regular venti, non-fat, peppermint, awake tea latte always puts a smile on my face with goodness (for those that haven’t tried, don’t knock it till you do!  And even then, I don’t want to hear it…<g>).
The cons – I’m annoyed by the frappucino blender.  I mean, it’s not summer – why are you ordering a frappucino? The loud lady to my left wants us all to hear her complain.  Actually I shutter as she continues to talk as I have met her (not exactly her, but a close replica of her) in every organization I have ever worked in.  You know the one that says, “I hate my job, they are all incompetent, I have to work twice as hard as everyone else, no one cares what I have to say.”  You don’t say…I’d pretty much tune you out too if I had to hear you speak like that all day…and then I remember my iPod is in my purse and all is good again with the world!
Till next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment